Knowing another language is like having a second soul.
Sometimes we take for granted the privilege of being bilingual. Just the fact of learning a new language and culture is a great accomplishment in itself.
Almost 30 years ago, Day-Star School brought that opportunity to Juticalpa, giving the young ones a change of immersing in the english culture and american culture. Today, 10 other schools have adopted the trend that Day-Star Started, committed with giving the department of Olancho a brighter future.
To celebrate such accomplishment, Day-Star School hosted the first municipal Spelling Bee amongst bilingual schools in Juticalpa.
The participating schools were:
- Castle Bilingual School
- Brilliant Minds School
- Centro Escolar Bilingüe Santa Clara
- Day-Star School
The competition was divided in 3 levels:
- First Level (1st and 2nd grade)
- Second Level (3rd and 4th grade)
- Third Level (5th and 6th grade)
After 20 rounds of fierce competition, one by one the contestants were eliminated, until it came to a sudden death round to determine the winners of each level.
The final results were:
- Adriana Cardona (Centro Escolar Bilingüe Santa Clara)
- Amelia Henriquez (Brilliant Minds)
- Francisco Ordoñez (Day-Star School)
- Lila Skallman (Day-Star School)
- Isabella Pagoada (Day-Star School)
- Amanda Canales (Day-Star School)
- Lisa Garcia (Centro Escolar Bilingüe Santa Clara)
- Alondra Banegas (Day-Star School)
- Ashley Erazo (Day-Star School)